After School Care, Breakfast Club Policy & Procedures
A school of excellence which nurtures and inspires all, where success is our achievement.
Rack House Primary School Breakfast Club and After School Care, aims to support our community and ensure that there is extended provision for those families that need it most. For the After School Care, in the majority of cases this will be our working parents, unless a specific agreement has been made with Mr Amesbury our Headteacher or a genuine emergency occurs. The two clubs are led and managed by a team committed to providing high quality experiences for every child, parent and carer who uses it.
It provides a friendly, caring and safe environment in which children are encouraged to develop social, personal, and recreational skills under the supervision of trained and experienced staff.
The After School Care is open to all regardless of their racial, religious, or cultural backgrounds, language, gender, or special educational needs.
The breakfast club runs from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. Monday to Friday during term time.
- No booking is required.
- There is a choice of 2 different cereals, toast, teacakes or bagels, plus beverages.
- There is a cost of £1.00 per child and this must be paid on arrival or in advance.
- When dropping children at breakfast club all parents/carers must go directly to breakfast club.
- In line with our Safeguarding Policy, no parent/carer or child may enter the main part of the school unless escorted.
- Children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1 will be escorted to their class by a member of staff.
- Children from Year 2 to Year 6 will go to class on their own.
After School Care
- All bookings must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Bookings must be made through the school office.
- On booking a place, a parental contract must be completed. No child may use ASC unless the contract has been completed.
- Contact numbers and emergency contacts must be kept up to date.
- All bookings must be paid in advance. This includes block bookings.
- Cancellations must be made through the school office 24 hours in advance. If a place is not cancelled it will be charged.
- Places will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- In emergencies places may be booked. The school understands that sometimes unforeseen circumstances can occur.
After School Care half term 6 Booking Form From June 2019
The charge for parents wishing to use the After School Club is £8.00 per session.
Collection at Start/End of After School Care (ASC)
- A daily list of children attending ASC will be sent to class teachers. This will ensure that teachers know who is going to ASC.
- Any child who is in a club until 4:15 p.m. will be taken to ASC by the member of staff leading the session.
- Extra-curricular staff will be given a list by the office which indicates who is going to ASC.
- Collection from ASC will only be allowed by those named on the contract. For health and safety reasons, parents/carers are required to sign their child/ren
out at the end of the session. This will include the time children are collected.
- All parents/carers collecting from ASC must collect via the main school entrance.
Late Collection from After School Care (ASC)
ASC finishes at 5.45 p.m. The staff are not contracted to work after this time.
- First late collection – a written reminder will be given that must be signed
- Following this any further late collection will result in a £10 fine per child.(5.45 pm.– 6.15)
- A member of the SLT will be notified of any child who has not been collected by 5.45 p.m.
- If no contact has been made by 6:00 pm Social Services will be contacted in line with the Safeguarding Policy.
- If there are subsequent late collections alternative pickup or care arrangements must be made.
- A member of the SLT must be informed if children are not collected by 5:45 p.m.
- All staff will be given a list of children attending ASC at the end of the school day.
- Staff must inform/ remind children who are on the list.
- The list must be checked carefully.
- Children will be collected by identified staff in EY, KS1 and KS2.
- On PPA afternoon all children going to ASC must stay with the member of staff dismissing the class and be taken to ASC.
End of School Day
- All parents/carers waiting to collect must wait outside in the playground, for safeguarding reasons they should not enter the Office area unless they have a meeting in school or require the assistance of office staff.
- Children who have not been collected by 3:20 p.m. will be taken to the ASC and you will be charged accordingly.
- This will be supervised by a member of the SLT.
- All children who are collected after 3:20pm must be signed out by the parent/ carer.
- All children who are at an After School Care will be dismissed by the member of staff leading the session from the main office.